Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ella's Making More Progress

Ella's bottle feedings are now every feeding! Wooo Hoooo! She only has the NG tube just in case she doesn't finish all of her bottle. Tonight after she finished her bottle, she was rooting around for more. This makes me so happy! The only thing keeping us in the NICU now is just waiting to see if these lumbar punctures are going to work. I'm a little confused by the whole thing, so it's hard to explain it exactly. There is a little bit of a language barrier between us and the doctor she has had the past 2 days. She keeps calling Ella a "he"....drives me crazy :) They did another lumbar puncture today and took off a little over 8cc. I'm not sure how many of these they are going to do. I knew one procedure wouldn't correct the hydrocephalus, but I don't know if it's a temporary fix or it they think it will permanently fix it. There are so many different people working in the NICU. We have a different doctor every couple of days and a different nurse every couple of days. Therefore, we hear a different story every couple of days. Hopefully we'll know more on Monday when a different doctor works. Ella's roommate got to go home today. I'm very happy for them, but Ella's room was so empty tonight. I was so sad to leave her alone :) Maybe we'll get another cool roomie soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment