Thursday, October 8, 2009

Well, we have our good days and we have our bad days. Unfortunately, today is one of those bad days. The weather explains my heart quite well :( Its a rainy, stormy, cloudy day. We haven't got the full results back from the MRI. There was a radiologist that gave the results to our neonatologist who shared them with us. I heard that the news wasn't so good, so I kinda blocked everything out of my mind he said afterward. 1st of all, Ella's brain did begin bleeding. They think it has stopped but it caused the ventricles to swell in her brain. If this swelling does not stop, they'll have to put shunts in her brain. If this makes no sense to you, it doesn't to me much either. It just sounds bad. Anyway, she has had an intracranial hemorrhage that is a level III. level I and II mean no damage has been done. Level IV means a lot of damage has been done. Level III is a big unknown. There is definitely a possibility that minimal damage has been done, but there is possibly a chance that damage has been done. My doctor, Dr, Hager, came by and gave us much comfort after hearing this disappointing news. She said "Numbers are just numbers. Each baby is different. Don't write Ella's story." We also had an awesome nurse who said she has worked a number of years in the NICU and said to never give up. She has seen these things mean absolutely nothing. We can't go off of these results and be upset. We will have a pediatric neurologist look at the MRI and hopefully he can give us some more definite answers. He'll either read the scan tomorrow or on Saturday.

I'm trying to remain optimistic. Holding sweet Ella lifts up my heart so much. She looks so good and in every other area she is rocking right along. I've had some very encouraging verses and words sent out to me today. Thank you dear friends! I know God will be glorified. I keep seeing this image of little Ella being like 6 years old and telling her awesome story. I see her being loud and spunky ;)

Sorry if I don't answer phone calls or respond to messages. Right now, its not easy to talk about it. Thanks for your continued prayers. Love you all!

9 comments:

  1. God, we need you every moment of every day. Each of us that reads this please let us lift up baby Ella to you. God, it doesn't matter how loud we pray, you know our thoughts and hearts before we utter one little word. Lord, Ella needs you right now. Her parents need you right now. Each of us that knows this family needs you right now. We need patience, understanding, and Lord we are asking for blessings that only you can provide! Lord, you tell us that when two or more people gather in your name, that YOU are there! We all lift up baby Ella to you and ask for her Health. We ask that her health be 100 percent restored. That is our prayer! Amen Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you & gorgeous Baby Ella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, it's with tear filled eyes I read your entry today. We are earnestly praying for you and this sweet baby girl. She will tell her story and she will be triumphant...she's strong. You're strong and we're all going to carry you all through this on uplifted hands to our Father, the perfector and author of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that little image in your head (the 6 year old spunky Ella) could be a vision given to you by the holy spirit. we will only know in time. so let that image bring you peace right now. we're praying for healing. `Ella's story might reach many for Jesus and how amazing would that be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had it announced at school today so I know that a whole bunch of teenagers prayed for you and Ella today. Traci you and your family are in my thoughts constantly. You know I love you like a little sister. Ella looks so precious and I can't wait to see here.

    Love you, Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mackinnon Family,
    My husband Derek works with Jason and Derek passed your blog along to me.
    Elle is beautiful, congratulations!
    I will keep Ella and your family in my prayers.
    Mindy Geist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason and Traci, we are lifting you, the boys and baby Ella up to the Lord. He is doing a mighty work in your family and bringing himself glory. Your little miricle is beautiful and has the fingerprints of God all over her. I can't wait to see her and watch her grow. She is a precious addition to our family. As I have been praying for you, the Holy Spirit has repeated this verse over and over to me: Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Psalm 62:5-6
    We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jason & Traci
    My heart is so heavy just trying to find the words to pray. But the thing that keeps playing in my mind is that sweet Ella has been a surprise all along. You were surprised when you found out you were pregnant w/ her, surprised by her early appearance and surprised at how quickly she got off the ventilator. I am just praying that she will surprise you again and have no damage! Regardless, I know that God has it all in His hands and I am praying that He will give you great peace. Love you friend.
    Heather Burke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isaiah 54:10

    "'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,'" says the Lord, who has compassion on you."

    Love you guys and trusting in the One who Loves you Most to Hold Ella in the Most Capable Hands Ever and Always,
    Gina, Greg and Benjamin

    ReplyDelete