Tuesday, October 6, 2009

(update from 10-5-09)

Ella continues to be doing well. They are going to do an EKG today to make sure her heart has closed properly. They are also going to do the CAT scan to make sure there is no seizure activity going on. They don’t think there is, but they just want to make sure her little fits aren’t little seizures.

I haven’t posted any updates on myself yet, but I do have a prayer request for me. I’ve been having some pretty severe headaches. We talked with the anesthesiologist today. He thinks I’m having spinal block headaches. These headaches aren’t very common these days, but since the whole procedure happened so fast, I am probably leaking spinal fluid. The first line of treatment is caffeine…lots of caffeine. But, it doesn’t seem to be helping much. So, sometime later today, I get to have a blood patch done. This has been explained to me as taking blood out of my arm and placing it in my spine to keep it from leaking any more fluid. They will do this much like an epidural. There are some risks, but hopefully it will be a quick fix.

I will update you later this evening. Hopefully it will fix it immediately and I can enjoy some precious time with my baby. I haven’t been able to spend much time with her today b/c the only way I find relief is lying down. I’m also anemic, but it’s not severe enough to treat. I could have had a blood transfusion a couple of days ago, but my doctor said I would build the blood back up quickly. It is slowly going back up.

I am so thankful for my incredible husband. He has been right by my side through all of this. He is so selfless! So, continue praying for him and his strength too. He and Ella are getting to bond a lot. She’s going to have him so wrapped around her sweet little finger! I love it!!!

Thanks again for all of your prayers. We serve an awesome God!!!

Love,
The MacKinnon’s

No comments:

Post a Comment