Saturday, October 24, 2009

Good Eats!

Ella finished her whole bottle tonight!!!!!! She ate 43cc!!! She was wide awake and went to town on that bottle. I have had such a bum day today, but this gave me a happy heart :) I had to give her a mini high five. Papa Mac and Grandma Connie are visiting tonight. They gave us some good eats, too! I love Papa Mac's chocolate chip cookies :)

Ella's ultrasound did show that her ventricles aren't shrinking. I wasn't there when the Dr. explained this, so I'm going on what I heard from Jason and Connie. I guess the bleeding caused scar tissue which is keeping the spinal fluid from being reabsorbed (therefore, the ventricles are swelling). It looks like Ella will probably have to have a shunt put in. Mercy doesn't offer this procedure, so Ella will have to be transferred to Children's sometime next week. I thought I would have to be in a waiting room for 6 hours while my daughter is having surgery, but the procedure should only take about an hour. She'll probably stay at Children's for a few days, and then hopefully she can be transferred back to Mercy. I originally thought that she would only need the shunt for a couple of years, but she might have it for the rest of her life. I wish her ventricles would just shrink, but I'm trying to remain optimistic since there is treatment for her. Our nurse tonight told me that maybe Ella will eat better after she gets some of that pressure off of her brain. She can't eat any better than she did tonight!!!!

Jason went car shopping all day. His little Honda Civic isn't quite big enough for 3 kiddos. I feel sorry for him having to deal with car salesmen all day. I told him good thing he didn't take me. I probably would have punched a few of them :) It would have been a bad day for me to do some wheeling and dealing. He has the car here at the house. The contract was written with a "wife contingency". My contingency is yes as long as I get to drive it :) J/K.

Lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ella for drinking 43cc!!!! I'll be praying for her swelling to go down and I'm so glad you stuck to your convictions about the blood type.

    ReplyDelete