Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Today has been a great day. Ella was able to increase her milk intake to 5cc every 3 hours. This is one little teaspoon, but it makes us very happy! Her bilirubin levels have decreased so hopefully she'll be off the biliblanket very soon. It weird how this was such a concern for us when Carson was a baby and its such a minute little detail in the life of Ella. She is going to be our little princess! Wait, she already is our little princess. She has her MRI tomorrow. Hopefully we'll know the results tomorrow evening. This test is going to show if any damage was done to her brain when she was without oxygen. I'm praying so hard it turns out with perfect results. I'm also praying we get the results back fast and that the results are clear and don't lead us toward more questions. Tomorrow is going to be a difficult day for us. I had a hard night last night trying to make up "my" own results. I cried and cried and told God I wanted things my way! I told Jason about it today. Man, my husband has been blessed with wisdom. He told me, "No matter what the results are, God will be glorified." Wow! That has given me total comfort today. God WILL be glorified!!! God has given me a peace that passes all understanding (thanks Daysha for reminding me of that). Think of those words "a peace that passes all understanding"....those are some incredible words!

I also had a couple of other neat things happen today. I was needing to talk to my doctor about some pain I was still having. We went to see Ella this morning, and there was Dr. Hager. Perfect timing. Dr. Hager has been so wonderful to us and is praying for us. Then, I was having a little pain from the epidural procedure. The anesthesiologist had left me a voice mail while I was seeing Ella and gave me his cell phone number to call him back. How often does an anesthesiologist personally call you to see how you are doing? Then, at the end of our conversation, he asked how Ella was doing. And, he told me he was praying for her and thinking of us. God has put amazing doctors in our lives! Christian doctors!

Before Ella arrived, I had began reading into 1 Corinthians 13 on "love". My friends and family have been the perfect portrait of "love" during these past few weeks. Thank you so much! All of you! We're comforted today because of your "love".

7 comments:

  1. We are so happy that you started this blog...now we won't feel so helpless and so far away! We are thinking of you and praying for you guys everyday! We are getting constant updates from the family and we'll try to touch base w/you guys this weekend. Stay strong! Much love...Jonathan, Carrie & Piper

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to see the blog and the sweet picture of Ella. we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you decided to blog!! We've been praying for you all, but didn't know the specifics. Now we can lift those up! I know how scary it is to have a c-section and then not hear your baby cry - but I trust God is protecting your sweet baby! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you started a blog to keep us updated with the details. I'm praying for Miss Ella tonight! {{hugs}}

    amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although you don't want to physically hear me sing it, know that I am singing and praising God..."God is so good." Although in the scriptures it's dealing other sorts of things, the words are true...Traci, You have been chosen for such a time as this, Esther 4:14. When we cling to the Lord he will give us the strength we need. I'm praying so specifically for her little brain and so excited about how God is going to be glorified.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friend...God will be glorified! What an awesome witness! We love you and are praying for precious Ella....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found you through a friend's blog who had asked for prayers for Baby Ella. First of all, she is beautiful. I am writing because I know what you are going through. My son was 10 weeks early and the picture and blogs of Ella bring back a flood of memories from our time in the NICU. Through the hard times and the good times, God is with you. I know how exciting the 5cc's is and getting tubes removed one at a time. Hang in there. No matter what, you will be fine and God will be with you every step of the way. Praying for you in Texas!! You are so blessed with Miss Ella!

    ReplyDelete