Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Little Bit of Optimism

We met with the neurologist today and heard some optimistic news. I'm waiting on Jason to bring back the nurse's notes so I will post some more specifics once he gets back from the hospital. Everything Ella has gone through doesn't look so great on paper, but I guess she impressed the doctor in person. She responded well to his testing, got mad at him and yelled at him ;) The neurologist said we're not out of the woods yet, but he wants to remain optimistic on long term results for Ella. Praise God for good results. We are still full of questions, but we are sighing with a bit of relief.

Please lift Jason and the rest of the MacKinnon gang up in prayer. His great grandpa died this morning. He was such a spunky old man, even at the age of 102.

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I wanted to tell you that my husband & I are first-time parents in our 40's and our little Eli was born 11 weeks premature in 2006 with my developing preclampsia at just 29 weeks. I know everything you are going through and I can understand all that you are feeling. Our little guy was 3 lbs, 8 oz at his entrance to this world and had his share of very close calls (couldn't keep his oxygen levels, had horrible acid reflux, couldn't breastfeed, was in NICU over 6 weeks, brain hemmoragh). I want to encourage you to say that he's now a VERY healthy boy of over 40lbs and almost 3 years old. God is covering little Ella with his big arms and nothing is too big for Him to handle. I will be praying for your husband at this time in his loss as well... please know if you have any questions or just feel like letting off some steam or fear, I am here for you, my sister. Hester Fulton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci,
    First, I want to say how sorry I am for the loss of Jason's great grandpa. It is never easy losing someone in the family that you love. Our prayers are going out to the entire family. And then to tell you how happy about Ella's news. I have been waiting for the update all morning. Just remember that she is a fighter. A very precious, beautiful little fighter. Give her love from the family and know we are here for you guys even though at this time we have to be so far away. And now has Pa Mack looking over her to make sure she is gonna be just fine. Love and miss ya....Christine

    ReplyDelete