Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blood Type Answer

I noticed on Ella's chart today that her blood type had been corrected to A+. The nurse practitioner later called me and said that there was an error when her blood type was originally put into the computer. I feel like they kind of blew the whole thing off like it was no big deal. 1st the lab technician stupidly saying there are recessive A/B/O. I don't know exactly what the idiot said :) Then, one of the neonatalogist blew it off and wouldn't request another test. I'm glad I persisted though. Finally one of the Dr's ordered the test "to put me at ease". Urgh!!!! Ella's roomate almost had the wrong bag of IV medication administered to her. Fortunately, the error was caught an hour later! Being in the medical field, I know that mistakes are inevitable. But, admit your mistake and truly be sorry for it! And, don't let it happen again!!!!!

Ella decided she wanted to be lazy last night and only eat 11cc (she's supposed to be eating 42cc) - Mom, that is no where near 5 oz (inside joke). I got her to eat 25cc in about 5 minutes today, though. I think I might have to start feeding her every time. I told Jason he could use this as an excuse so he never has to get up in the middle of the night with her when she comes home. She has been crying a lot more lately. I guess she likes to hear her voice now that she is finally using it! She weighs 5lb 2.7 ounces today.

No comments:

Post a Comment