Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I finally got my headache fixed by the blood patch this morning. It was an amazing difference that happened very quickly. Praise God for that!

Ella didn’t have a very exciting day yesterday, so sorry you didn’t get any updates on her. She got the tube out of her mouth and is now being fed through a tube from her nose to her stomach. She’s starting on 2ml of milk every 3 hours. It’s such a small amount, but hopefully she will tolerate it well. She had an EEG done yesterday that didn’t give us the results we were exactly hoping for. It didn’t show that she has had seizures, but it showed brain waves that could easily produce seizures. So, they put her on a large loading dose of seizure medication. She’ll more than likely remain on this medication for the first 3 to 6 months of her life. She will have an MRI done on Thursday and hopefully we’ll get some positive results on Friday. This test is to determine if any damage was done to her brain when she had the lack of oxygen to her brain. We’re not sure how long she was deprived of oxygen before she came out of my belly, but it was about 10 minutes or so once she was out. This test has me very fearful. The doctor seemed optimistic and said she bounced back very quickly after those 10 minutes. It’s been so easy for me to have faith in all of this so far, but right now I’m struggling. I keep telling myself that little Ella is our miracle and will continue to be! She wasn’t a planned baby and she’s very lucky to be here! God has provided us with this awesome miracle and He will continue to provide! Please lift this up in your prayers!!

I have totally neglected updating on Carson and Cooper. They are receiving lots of love and are getting spoiled by their Nana and Grandpa, Grandma Susan, and Papa Mac and Grandma Connie! We have gotten to see them about everyday. Carson keeps asking when he can see Ella. He doesn’t quite understand why he can’t see her. He asked me “is your belly not big anymore?” He’s so cute! Cooper doesn’t have a clue of what is going on. He’s been a little scared of seeing me with all my hospital gear on. I can’t wait to see them tonight and love on them.

We are now home. It’s bittersweet. We are so glad to be in the comfort of our own home, but its tough being away from Ella. Praise God we have little Carson and Coop to keep us busy and to cuddle with (as much as 2 little boys let you cuddle). Jason is off of work until the 19th, so that will be nice. Hopefully I’ll be driving soon so we can take turns going to see our baby.

We’ll update soon!

Love,
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment