Wednesday, October 28, 2009

School Days

Carson and Cooper go to Mother's Day Out once a week. They absolutely love it! I was so torn taking Carson out of daycare, but I am so glad I did. These are their school pics. I was super lazy and took a picture of the picture (I didn't feel like scanning them in). Family, you'll get the acutal pictures one day :)

Carson 3.5 years

Cooper 1.5 years
I still haven't heard any news from the neurosurgeon. When I went to see Ella today, her oxygen saturation had decreased a little bit. She also has had a few bradycardia (heart rate too low) episodes. This could be due to the ventricles enlarging. If she is going to have to have a shunt regardless, I wish they would have done it yesterday. The waiting is driving me nuts. She is eating so well. I really think we would be home by now if it weren't for the ventricles. The neurosurgeon's office had misplaced the CD of her ultrasound and MRI scans. I was about to drive them over to their office myself until they "found" them. urgh!!! I guess we're the only ones in a rush here. Ella had to have a CT scan today. I somehow managed to go down to the room with her. I saw the machine they were putting her in, and then I had to step out. It sounded like they were putting my little baby in a centrifuge and spinning her around. I about lost it. I hurt for my little girl. Then, I saw her after the 2 minute CT scan. It was like it never fazed her. She slept through everything! Ella has a chart full of papers. She has been poked and prodded on more in her 26 days of life than the rest of our family together. Poor little thing! I know it will be totally worth it, but it is so hard being patient. As my cousin Amy said, we definitely will have something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Thanks for reminding me Amy!

1 comment:

  1. Traci-
    My heart just hurts for you and Jason. It is so hard to watch your baby hurt. I've never had to do it to the degree that you all have, so I can only imagine. I'm so glad that she wasn't fazed thru the CT scan. It probably helps a little to see that she wasn't scared. Please keep us updated on what the neurosurgeon says! I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete