Friday, October 16, 2009

Cooper's Room has Turned Pink!!!



Poor Cooper has been booted out of his room. He and Carson got bunk beds about a month ago. They both seem to enjoy having a roommate now. As you can see from this picture, they are sleeping very well!







I finally bought paint yesterday for Ella's room. The boys enjoyed getting to help out. Jason wouldn't let me take a pic of him just being in his undies painting :) j/k. I'm getting used to the idea of pink...lots of pink. Ella's room is going to be zebra with lime green and hot pink. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm the world's best procrastinator. Needless to say, I had nothing ready for my baby girl. I gave my friend, Tisha, the material for making Ella's bedding 2 days before she was born. I was like, I have over 7 weeks :) Jason is not a procrastinator and will probably have the room painted tonight.



I had a great day hanging out with sweet little Ella. I kangaroo held her for almost 2 hours. While I was there for 4 hours today, that girl pooped at least 5 times!! I never had the boys poop during the middle of a diaper change. She ate 25cc from her bottle tonight. I am proud of that. She is officially in a "crib" and out of the warmer. Praise God! So, as soon as she decides to eat more from the bottle we'll get to bring her home. Oh, and she did gain back some weight yesterday. She is 4lb 9oz.


The nurses the past 2 days have both commented on Ella's physical improvements. I guess last week her muscles didn't have much tone. She is responding and moving just like she is supposed to be now! She did have an ultrasound today, but we haven't heard the results yet. I was told that no early results is good news. I feel confident in positive results. I keep hearing over and over how resilient kids are! Our little miracle is beating all the odds! Thank you so much Jesus!


One last thought, BOOMER SOONER!!!

3 comments:

  1. i think bunk beds will be in our future too. so fun! Ella is doing so well and i love to hear the details. and did you really have to add that last thought? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Ella comes home from the hospital, you might want to try using a wrap to hold her next to you a lot of the time. One that I used and loved was the Sleepy Wrap (http://www.sleepywrap.com/index.php?page=sleepy-wrap) That way you can hold her close which is especially good for preemies and yet still get other things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bunk beds and how close the boys are to eachother. I am watching Claire and Cole become best friends- they will probably share a room for a little while when we have our next kiddo. Sibling love is so precious. Ella is coming home to such a neat family. You guys are truly complete now. Oh, and, yay for pink...lots of it!

    ReplyDelete