Monday, October 12, 2009

Showers of Blessings!

God is so good! Once again, we have had an awesome day. Ella got increased to using a bottle every other feeding. And....I got to nurse her. She did a really good job. Its a little different nursing a 4lb 10oz baby versus a 9lb or 8lb baby :) It was definitely a challenge, but she did latch on a bit. She also will be taken off of her IV fluids which means all of her nutrition will come from milk. She's up to 25ml every 3 hours. She is on a little bit of oxygen just to stimulate her only. She keeps having a few little spells where her heart rate will take a dip and we have to remind her to breath. That's a little scary, but I guess its a preemie thing according to the nurses. Her EEG results came back great. She has had no more seizure activity, just a few of those electrical waves. She'll stay on the seizure medication but at a low dose for a few months. This medication makes her a little more sedated than we like, but each day she is getting more and more alert. She is working hard with all these new transitions. I didn't understand how hard a premature baby has to work until now. It's work for them to eat, to breathe, and to keep their temperature up, etc. When Cooper was born, everyone was like, I can't believe you had a 9lb baby. 9lb babies are EASY to say the least.



I guess I'll spill the beans for the really good part. The Dr. today told us that Ella can come home this weekend if she keeps up her eating. Yes, you did read that right! I think my jaw is still on the floor at the NICU. I was in total shock....I'm still in total shock! Not sure why I'm in shock after all the awesome prayers that have been lifted up for sweet Ella. My baby girl has made more than strides since Friday. She has made huge leaps. She is a fighter! Carson and Cooper better watch out! They've got one tough sister!!!



We'll have another MRI on Thursday to make sure that the ventricles haven't swelled anymore. It will check for any possible damage that the 1st MRI didn't find. Please keep this in your prayers (I know you will!) In the next few weeks after we're home, our regular pediatrician will be measuring Ella's head size weekly to make sure it is not growing abnormally. We had an occupational therapist work with her today, too. She was doing everything he wanted her to be doing.



I can't say thank you enough for all of your prayers and all of your support! Seeing God work through each and every one of you has been so amazing. Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!



Please sing with me "God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me"!!! I've been singing this all day!



Lots of love!!!!

11 comments:

  1. That song is so right on...I'm so happy to hear the news. keep it up el....

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing news! My jaw did hit the floor too. I will definitely keep praying. She is such a fighter! I love it. God is definitely sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most wonderful news Traci! I've been anxiously awaiting your update today. Colin reminded me today that "prayers go up and blessing come down" and how true that is! Our God is an awesome God! I'm so happy for you. (and can I say I missed seeing your smiling face at Walgreens today :-p)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! wow! incredible! did you ever think you might possibly be taking her home so soon! God is going to use this little life and your family and so glad i can watch it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! We'll keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness Traci, I'm so emotional right now, with PRAISE of course. We knew it Traci, we knew it. Thank you for trusting in your Lord. YEA Ella!!! Good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!! amazing!! i'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC NEWS!!! We are ELATED!!!! Give that gorgeous girl a big kiss from us.....give one to the boys too.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traci..Im so thankful that Ella is doing so well. I've been thinkig of you and praying for you. Every time I'm reading your blog..Reid says"is tha baby Ella?".."she's cute"!! Awww...he knows a cute girl when he sees one. Suer exciting that she will be coming home sooner than later. ;) OU/TX weekend/Ella Homecoing...how cool is that??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Traci,
    This is wonderful news. I am filled with tears of joy. Our God is an amazing God! I'm praying for you, your family and sweet little Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traci,
    So thankful that Ella is doing as well as she is. I have been praying for you daily. I'm glad you started a blog to keep us all updated! :)

    ReplyDelete