Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Good News

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. There was really no news, so I waited for the good news today :) Ella ate really well again for her 11:30 feeding this morning. She ate almost 30cc. She is learning how to pace herself. She was so alert during her feeding, and she looked so darn cute! I'm going to spend the night with her tonight to ensure she gets bottle fed. Yesterday her feedings didn't go as well, but it was because she was sedated from the medication she got for her MRI. Speaking of MRI, we got the results. The blood clots are definitely dissolving. It also showed that there was minimal to no damage done to surrounding tissue on the brain. Yea!!! Her ventricles are swollen more than they were the last MRI, but her head size is growing at an appropriate rate. She has orders for her head to be measured daily just to make sure no abnormal growth is happening. The nurse practitioner made it sound like the swelling sometimes happens and it will correct itself. The worse case scenario would be that she would have to have shunts put in to drain the fluid. The shunts can stay in for 2 years if she even needs them that long. The condition she has is called "hydrocephalus" or "water on the brain". This is not like babies born with water on the brain. Her brain didn't develop this in the womb, so her condition can heal on it's own. And, importantly, it is treatable. All along I thought the swollen ventricles was the biggest issue. I was wrong. The bleeding was the scary problem, but it resolved. God healed her and protected her brain!!! They wouldn't have been able to stop the bleeding, but they can stop the swelling. Ella WILL get to tell her amazing story one day. I am so thankful for all of you for joining us on this roller coaster ride. I am very optimistic that with the way her feedings have been going that we will get to have our baby girl home with us soon!

I have so many people that I personally want to say thank you to. However, if I start listing personal names, I will definitely leave someone one out! So here our my shouts out to all of you! (I feel like I just won an Academy Award and I'm trying to not leave anyone out) Thank you to both of our families. Grandparents have helped us so much with Carson and Cooper and loving on Ella. They've been there at our beckon call. Our siblings have checked on us so much and love Ella just like she was one of their own. Our cousins constantly check on how we are doing and how sweet Ella is doing. Our church family has more than amazed me. We have been provided meals, love, visits and lots of prayers! Our co-workers have checked on us, taken care of insurance issues and provided us meals. We are both blessed with incredible jobs and incredible co-workers! Our friends (everyone fits into this category) have given us more love than we've ever known. We have received so many calls, emails, facebook messages and blog comments that are SOOOO encouraging. We have had so many people offer to do so much for us (including cleaning up our poopy boys). We love you all so much! As I have said before, I know our journey isn't close to being over, but you guys have made the ride so much smoother. Thank you for your constant thoughts and your constant prayers! To God be the Glory!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! I have been checking your blog anxiously for the past 2 days. I'm so glad to hear that it is good news!!!!! I miss you and can't wait to see you sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. You have no idea what an inspiration you are to me. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete