Thursday, October 15, 2009

per⋅spec⋅tive

Ella got moved again tonight. I think the NICU is moving babies on out so that there is plenty of room in the new unit. I guess my little girl is getting "promoted". HaHa! She now only has 2 neighboring babies. One of the Mom's bought Ella a little Halloween toy. After talking to this Mom a bit, it put things in perspective for me. This sweet little baby was born at 25 weeks and has now been in the NICU for over 4&1/2 months. We are going on 2 weeks, and I'm getting tired. This wonderful mom has been up at the hospital daily for 4&1/2 months and she is working full time. What a trooper she is! She had so much excitement to see her little girl. I just loved seeing her excitement.

Ella was wide awake when I went to feed her at 2:30. She makes the cutest faces all the time. I hope this little personality she's developing stays with her. It really looks like she is laughing at us for all she has put us through. She's like, "that's right, I'm the princess." The nurses up there all think she needs a tiara :) She made a lot of eye contact today which was awesome. She ate pretty well from the bottle. She is using so many calories trying to eat from the bottle that she lost weight yesterday. That's not so good. So, for specifics, prayers for her eating and prayers to keep her temperature up are much appreciated. She is having another ultrasound tomorrow. I thought she was having an MRI today, but I must have made that up. Oh I love Mommy fart brain :)

5 comments:

  1. I love you Traci- you make me smile...no wonder Ella keeps a smile on her face. By the way- she looks so much like a MacKinnon. Miss you tons- can't wait to see you and talk about all this awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for your family!! I too remember everything being put in to perspective when I talked to 2 different parents that had 1 pound babies that had been there for half a year, still only 5-6 pounds. It is incredible who God puts around you that makes you realize everything will be okay. Our nurses always told us "for every 2 steps forward there is 1 step back" Ella will get the hang of eating and getting her temperature up...in her own time. These little babies are INCREDIBLE and SO strong. Again, congrats on such a beautiful little girl!! :)
    Debra (friend of Melodie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! She's doing so well! We're soo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness so true. Listen hear little miss Ella...eat hard but don't loose those lbs...you hear me now...

    Traci, you're an amazing woman and momma!

    Daysha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl i want u to know that i am very proud of u and the amazing young lady u have become. I can remember when u use to babysit my kids and how much u did not like it...LOL...u have become a wonderful mommy. God has blessed u with three amazing kidz and i am excited to see them grow up and be just like their mom...ok maybe not just like...lol. love u and i am praying for u guys everyday!! Chris

    ReplyDelete