Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Here's a pretty cute pic Jason got of Ella smiling
(I refuse to say it's just gas :) She smiles a lot in her sleep!
Carson and Cooper got their flu shots today. It was interesting to say the least. I had to bribe them with McDonald's. Carson cried a lot harder than Cooper did. I had to hide my smile. I don't know why, but I have always laughed when Carson has gotten a shot (even when he was a little baby). Does this make me mean? He just gets the most dramatic frown, and he cries so hard. I tear up when Cooper gets a shot, though. I guess he'll be my baby boy forever :)

When we were leaving, there was this cute little 4 year old girl in a tie-dyed sweat suit. I thought it was pretty cute, but Carson had to ask "Why does that girl still have her jammies on?" I told him to be quiet, but louder he said "Look, that girl forgot to take her jammies off." Hopefully her Mom didn't hear him :) It was pretty humorous, though.

Jason said that Ella moved on up to Intermediate care this morning. I'm not quite sure why she didn't move sooner. Anyway, she is completely off her oxygen again. They had to decrease her bottle feedings to every 3rd feeding. She was just getting too worn out. She is also still in the warmer to maintain her temperature. So, I guess we won't be coming home this weekend. I'm hoping for next. Jason said Ella was very alert today. She's been so sleepy.

Mercy is opening up their new NICU unit next Monday. I get to go tour it this afternoon. There will be actual rooms for the babies - 2 babies per room. We're pretty excited because Carson will get to come visit his baby sister now! Both of the boys have been looking forward to meeting their Baby Sister!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that will be so nice to have 2 babies/room. That's exciting. I love this picture. Clearly Miss Ella is already practicing Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting that i also kind of laugh inside when holden gets his shots. hmmmm? don't know why. holden and pax get shots on monday (2 months and 18 months). wonder if i will be more tender hearted with pax. . . . i'm glad you have those sweet boys to keep you busy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious picture you captured, you will cherish it. She's going to do it Traci. She's going to eat those bottles so good and keep her temp up so well. I know it I know. I just love that God chose you and Jason to be her momma and daddy. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete