Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cuddle Time


Papa Mac and Ella (left)
Grandpa and Ella (below)




Grandpa (Larry) finally got to hold Ella today until I rushed him off. I think between her Grandpa and Papa Mac, this little girl may never get put down. Ella is now on her own feeding schedule. If she's hungry, they'll feed her. If she wants 60cc, she gets it. If she wants 35cc, she gets it. It will be so nice not having to force an exact amount down her within their 30 minute time limit. She pulled out her NG tube today, and they said there was no reason putting it back in! So, she is tube free!!!! I totally forgot to take pictures of her beautiful face! Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.

We talked again to the doctor about these lumbar punctures (LP). I asked if it was a temporary fix, then why don't we just go on with the shunt. Anyway, I guess the LP removes excess fluid but won't correct the hydrocephalus. The doctors are hopeful that the fluid won't accumulate anymore after a few LP's. If they think that the fluid is stable and not accumulating anymore, then she will be home with us soon. Everything in my life is so "black and white". This area is so "gray". In my mind, the fix is either temporary or permanent. The doctor today said it is temporary, but yet she might not need a shunt. Jason's understands it. I'm trying to understand it, but I think I still have pregnant fart brain. My brain doesn't work quite as well as it used to :)
Jason and I were able to get out of the house a few times this weekend kid free. We had a great time at a birthday party on Friday (Happy B-day Terry), and we finally made it to church this morning. It was so good seeing familiar friendly faces! We're trying to keep the boys away from germs as much as possible, so they got to play with grandparents all weekend. Jason, Shane, and I took the boys trick-or-treating to 4 houses last night. Yes, just 4! OU was playing football, and we had to get back to watch the game. Boomer Sooner!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, missed seeing your pretty face at church. We stayed home but while you were there, I went for a run and prayed for Ella and you & Jason. Still thinking of you and still sending up my prayers.

    ReplyDelete