Thursday, November 12, 2009

Whoa! Do We really have 3 Kids???

As I looked across my living room this morning, I realized it resembles a daycare! 3 kiddos 3 and under! Craziness, but I love it!!! I think I posted previously that we are all adjusting well, but I don't think Carson got the memo! He loves his baby sister, but he hates the lack of attention he is getting. He is getting really good at throwing some major fits. He also had learned to go potty in many new places....the bathtub, the bathroom rug, his bedroom and the sandbox. I asked him why he pottied in these places. His response was "I couldn't find the potty". So, we are trying to find ways to give him more attention. Jason took him to a Thunder game on Sunday and my parents kept him overnight on Tuesday. He came back to our house on Wednesday like a new kid! The boys are going to stay with Papa Mac and Grandma Connie on Friday and then spending the night with Grandma Susan and Grandpa Jim on Saturday. They are taking them to cousin Ava's birthday party on Saturday. We love grandparents!!!! Cooper has been an excellent little boy. His fits are few and far between. He is an ornery little stink if you haven't already noticed from his pictures. He likes to smile a lot. Especially when he is in trouble. I'm trying to keep the boys occupied and not watching TV all the time, but I'm not being very successful. Isn't educational TV ok? I would let them go play outside, but they would end up in the sandbox....we have to stay out of it until we get new sand since Carson decided to use it for another purpose :)

Somehow, I have managed to get all 3 kids to nap at the same time. Carson and Cooper still haven't realized that there has been a time change, so after getting up at 6:30am, they are ready for a nap. I'm not sure which is worse, getting up at 6:30am or no nap! Ella is the best baby. She sleeps all the time, and only whimpers when she is hungry or wants to be held. She is getting a little spoiled and likes to be rocked to sleep. This surprises me a bit because she comforted herself back to sleep in the NICU for 31 days. I will spoil her all she wants, though! I think I was rocked by my Daddy to sleep until I was 10 or so :) I said Ella was going to be a Daddy's girl, but he's going to have to share! I'm smitten! She is just precious!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Spoil, spoil, spoil all of those gorgeous babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci...I really admire your strength through all of this. You are very blessed with you beautiful boys and girl. But, they too are blessed! You are an awesome mommy! Proverbs 31:28-29 Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all! -- I'm reminded of this scripture when I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete