Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HALLELUJAH!!!!

We saw the neurosurgeon for a total of maybe 5 minutes today. He said Ella won't have to have a shunt! Hallelujah!!!! Her head size has remained the same for over 3 weeks now. So, he doesn't think she has hydrocephalus at all. He literally just had his nurse check the circumference of her head and he felt her soft spot. She doesn't have to return for any follow-up appointments with him unless her head did start growing at an abnormal rate. There is no pressure on her brain, so there is no need to treat her.

After leaving the doctor's office, I just cried and cried. This was the last big hurdle it seems we had to jump. She passed with flying colors. It is such a relief! I am filled with so many emotions! I am so thankful, grateful, hopeful!! We totally know that Ella is God's miracle! He has blessed us beyond measure.

Ella also visited her pediatrician today. She weighs 6lb 4oz and is 20 inches long. Ella's pediatrician was quite impressed with everything she is doing! It's hard to believe that it is STILL not my due date. After everything we have gone through, I can now admit that I'm not a big fan of being pregnant. So, today I can smile and say, thank you God that I'm not pregnant and I have a healthy little girl! We have had a journey, but we have grown so much during this journey. Thank you God for increasing our faith!

4 comments:

  1. Your Hallelujah is perfect. Traci Amen. I am so happy God chose to answer our prayers for this precious little girl. Boy does she have a purpose in life or what!!!! I am so happy for this news.

    ReplyDelete