Monday, November 2, 2009

Ella's Coming Home!!!!!!


Ella gets to come home tomorrow!!!! (as long as everything goes well tonight) She had her last lumbar puncture today, so the doctor wanted to keep her overnight for observation. Her ventricles have remained the same on the ultrasound for a week now and her head size has stayed the same. Since she is eating all of her bottles, she gets to come home!!! We're so excited. I think my biggest excitement is that her big brothers finally get to meet her (and so Cooper quits calling my breast pump "baby sister" :). She'll come home on a sleep apnea monitor for a little while. She will also have follow up appointments in a couple of weeks with both the neurosurgeon and neurologist. She'll go to her regular pediatrician once or twice a week for head measurements. And, she'll have another ultrasound later on in the week. We will definitely be in and out of doctors' offices, but it is so worth it. So, there is no need for a shunt right now. Hopefully these LP's did the job. It's just a waiting game.


Ella turned 1 month old today. I can't believe it has already been a month. I'm so happy we're going to have her home before her due date (November 21st). It's going to be such a transition taking care of 3 kiddos. But, I'm ready for the challenge.


Thank you again everyone for your prayers. God has truly blessed our family. We give Him all of the glory. I will definitely keep posting updates on our precious baby girl. Love to all!

7 comments:

  1. praise the lord!! now the fun begins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! Ella!! I am so excited for you all. We will still be keeping your family in prayer.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for Ella! let your sleepless nights begin! :) i know you're ready for her, whatever it cost you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! We are so excited!!! Finally she'll be home! She is absolutely beautiful!! We can't wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! I'm so excited for you! I know you are ready to have your family all together under one roof!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally laughed out loud at the "breast pump" comment.

    ReplyDelete