Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2 MONTHS OLD!!!

Sweet little Ella is 2 months old today. She is doing awesome!!! I think she is about to show us her 1st real smile. We keep getting little half-smiles and she is focusing a ton! She still likes to sleep a whole lot (which I have no complaints about). For some crazy reason, her awake time is at 5am.....not good! By the time I get her back to sleep, Cooper decides it's time for him to get up. The boys spent night last night at my parents, so I got some good sleep this morning. I can't believe that I ever thought having 1 kid was hard. Piece of cake! Maybe it's because Ella is a super good baby. Maybe it's because I was clueless the 1st time around. Anyway, you parents of one kid, take advantage of it! The transition of 2 to 3 kids hasn't been too rough. I think the biggest transition is being on "house arrest". I'm a good hermit, but not with 3 little ones. I miss going to the gym, and I miss my weekly trips to Sams for a good hotdog!

I've had a frustrating week with a lady at Ella's doctor's office. Ella was due her Synagis (RSV) shot yesterday. It is due every 4 weeks. Starting last Tuesday, I called the lady and left her several messages which she will not return. Supposedly, the NICU was to set up that shot and never did. Now, the process just started today....and, it is a PROCESS!!! It could take up to 10 days to get it approved. So, I asked if we could just pay out of pocket and get reimbursed. The dang shot is around $1500.... per month. So, I can't risk taking the boys to mother's day out until she gets this shot. FRUSTRATING!!!!

Ella has her 2 month appointment on Friday. I'm anxious to see how much she has grown. She is so long. I think she is about to outgrow her newborn clothes in length. Look at those sweet little cheeks filling out!!!


You can tell in the picture above that Ella has a little birthmark on her forehead. It's called a Stork's bite or Angel Kiss. I prefer Angel Kiss. I think that is exactly what it is!!! Anyway, it will slowly fade away in the next year. Her little nostrils are still so red from the NG tube. I guess it's about time I put something on them. :)

Cooper loving on his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment